Google | New York, NY
January 2015 – PresentCorporate Operations Engineer
My roles at Google consist primarily of doing internal support for Googlers and our infrastructure. I also work on a variety of tools to help automate processes/solutions.
- Developing internal tools for supporting Googlers
- Performing repairs on various infrastructure
- Developing solutions for operational issues via automation
- Resolving software issues on a wide spectrum
- Leading/assisting in various projects
Datamaxx Group | Tallahassee, FL
May 2014 – December 2014IT Intern
My primary focus is to provide technical support to implement new systems and maintain these systems. I work with a wide range of Microsoft products and software such as Hyper-V, SQL Server, SCOM, and SharePoint.
- Built VM’s for employees to use legacy hardware/software
- Implemented servers for production use
- Setup physical servers and equipment
- Provided general IT support to the employees
- Implemented System Center Operation Manager for our production monitoring
HostHoarders | Tallahassee, FL
January 2012 – August 2014Owner, Manager
I operated and maintained the company up until August 2014 when I sold the business. HostHoarders utilizes OpenVZ and cPanel to offer VPS/Web hosting. Most of our systems ran on CentOS 6 and utilize virtualization technology to ensure stability and scalability. With several years of experience in the field, I began this company with the idea of offering a service at a fair and affordable price. Within 2 years, I was able to develop a large client base with hundreds of clients all over the world.
- Provided cPanel hosting through an automated process
- Implemented virtualized servers to utilize hardware
- Developed custom hosting solutions for small businesses
- Implemented security policies to prevent spam and malware
- Provided services with flawless uptime and redundancy
BlueVM Communications | Tallahassee, FL
March 2013 – December 2013Level 3 Technician
At BlueVM, my primary focus was repairing virtualized servers and maintaining the physical nodes as-well. My job also focused on cPanel maintenance and repairs. I also worked with networking on a regular basis to resolve potential network issues.
- Repaired virtual private servers
- Provisioned new servers for virtualization
- Worked with in-house developed hypervisor panels
- Performed systems administration on 50+ nodes across the world
All images are property of their rightful owner. No infringement intended.